WinRemote has been the first remote control App for iPhone in the AppStore and is available from the very beginnings in 2008.
With WinRemote you can control every Windows-PC in your network. Use your iPhone or iPod touch as touchpad so you can control most of the desktop functions which lets you stay mobile. Change TV-Channels sitting on the sofa or change transparencies during a presentation without standing next to your PC or notebook all the time. Just connect your iPhone with the PC or notebook over WiFi. WinRemote is designed as a general remote control App to be compatible to nearly all applications on your Windows PC.
Download Server here
(Windows 95 / 98 / ME / 2000 / XP / Vista / 7 required)
- Connect easily to a windows PC in your network
- Use your iPhone or iPod touch as normal touchpad
- Keyboard support
- Control your Windows-Desktop wirelessly over WiFi
- Just start the WinRemote Server on the Desktop PC
- Setup the touchpad on your device individually
- improved mouse acceleration
- improved mouse dragging
Setup your PC
1. Download the WinRemote Server Application on your Windows PC or notebook
2. Start the Server Application (you'll see the WinRemote icon in the taskbar next to the clock)
3. Now the WinRemote Server Application is Running
Are Updates for free?
Yes they are for free. Look at the AppStore under Updates and you'll see if there are new updates. Download the update and install it for free.
Is the server application for free?
Yes it is. Click on the Link and download it on your Windows-PC or Notebook.
Does WinRemote run under MacOS?
No. WinRemote currently is for Windows only. The server application doesn't run under MacOS.
The appilcation doesn't connect. What can I do?
This problem mostly is a network configuration one. Here is a check list:
- WiFi must be enabled on your iPhone / iPod touch
- Make sure you typed in the correct IP-address in the WinRemote settings on your iPhone or iPod touch
- Make sure no firewall blocks the WinRemote server
- Make sure that your iPhone or iPod touch is connected with the same (sub-)network as your computer
Will WinRemote become a VNC-application?
No it won't. WinRemote is designed to remotely control your Windows PC and not to display the desktop on your mobile device.